Traditionally we freeze, but we are going to try canning.
- Shuck the corn and remove as much silk as you can.
- Get a large pot of water to a full boil.
- Set up another pot (or bowl or sink or tub) with ice water.
You want to process the cobs in bunches, keeping the boiling water from cooling and the ice water from warming.
- Blanch the cobs in boiling water for ~2 minutes then place in ice water.
- Once all the cobs have been blanched and cooled, cut the kernels from the cobs.
- ½ tsp. salt per pint (optional). Fill jars with kernels.
- Cover with boiling water, leaving 1" headspace.
- Wipe. lid and ring.
- Pressure can at 11 lbs for 55 minutes.