The best way to preserve corn without losing texture or flavor.
- Shuck the corn and remove as much silk as you can.
- Get a large pot of water to a full boil.
- Set up another pot (or bowl or sink or tub) with ice water.
You want to process the cobs in bunches, keeping the boiling water from cooling and the ice water from warming.
- Blanch the cobs in boiling water for ~4 minutes then place in ice water.
- Once all the cobs have been blanched and cooled, cut the kernels from the cobs.
- Fill freezer bags with ~2 cups of kernels.
- Remove as much air as possible.
- Gently press bag flat, label and freeze.